6 February 2010

A challenging delivery?!:

We went to a hall to conduct an evening meeting which was at the beginning fraught with minor difficulties…. Within moments the main power went out and we were in total darkness! It was in a kind of basement so it was impossible to have light penetrating from outside from those who had generators.
The Catholic church was holding a meeting opposite us and insisted we kept the windows shut, so no fresh air could come in!

The guy on the keyboard was playing like an organist in Blackpool tower! He continued to play while I was preaching eventually. They put up special hanging lights over our table from which I could not see the congregation, so when the power did come back I had to move off to the side which meant it was more difficult for David to interpret.

Although they were mostly Christians I felt compelled to preach the Gospel towards the end…and invited people to come and see me to one side rather than an alter call. One person came ONLY, but then perhaps not a surprise and so led that person to Christ.

What happened next was amazing..!! One mother brought a teenage daughter to me and intimated I was to pray for her daughter.  She was very dirty and in very poor clothes. Through a co-pastor I soon realised that we needed more prayer support as this young lady was possessed with an evil spirit! With the aid of Pastor Solomon we prayed fervently over her and her body began to contort. She then went down onto the ground and was rolling around. We called upon Almighty God and summoned Heaven to deliver her from this spirit and commanded it to leave in Jesus name. She stopped and came out of this trance!

After more prayer and counselling we were able to lead her to Christ  ………Praise the Lord. During this time her mother just wept profusely. It was probably one of the most emotional and demanding moments of ministry I have witnessed. It transpires that she was going to commit suicide the previous night, and throw herself in a well! Her mother asked he to come to this meeting, when I asked what stopped her she said…Jesus told me I must come tonight.

I gave her a cuddly knitted toy which had a huge smile and when she got it as a gift her face lit up! This is why we are here ! This is why we need your prayers!

Keep them coming!